Re: My install is missing Pro*C - how do I get it?

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.NOSPAM!.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:07:04 GMT

On 16 May 2001 06:40:33 GMT, Steve Mading <madings_at_baladi.bmrb.wisc.edu> wrote:

<snip>

>Here's the story: I'm using an oracle setup that was installed
>by someone else. It doesn't seem to have a program called
>"proc" anywhere in it (I used "find" to try to find it - it's
>simply not there.) We have the original install media, and
>an official license, and if I have to I am willing to purchase
>some sort of product if that is what I have to do to get Pro*C,
>but Oracle's website is so badly organized that they won't tell
>me, given that I want Pro*C, which product I need, or if it is
>meant to be included inside the products I already have.
>
>I'm not ruling out the possiblity that it was simply chosen not
>to be installed by the person who set this up. He was using
>Java, not C, so he might not have bothered with Pro*C. (And now
>he's no longer available for me to ask.)
<snip>

Start the installer and look to see if its in 'installed products'

If not get the CD and follow the instructions in the case. When you get to the list of products to install it should be there under precompilers. I am fairly sure it is included in Oracle Server 8i but don't have disks handy to check

Alex Received on Wed May 16 2001 - 08:07:04 CDT