Re: Re: Archive Log Warning..... How do I fix it? - Oracle archive error.jpg (0/1)

From: nanie <nanie_at_platinumplans.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 06:48:11 +0000 (UTC)

Your problem is really weird. I have a few comments. First, I don't think you can alter any Oracle table while the database is not running, so you don't have to SHUTDOWN the database before you can ALTER a table. Second, have you tried installing the Service Pack 6 for Windows NT? Because I think your problem maybe related to the operating system. Third, the default filename format of the ALERT LOG is <SID>ALRT.log. You can find your alert log by using this pattern.

Nanie

==
"Pick battles important enough to fight and small enough to win."
                                  ~ Johnathan Kozol