Re: Have you ever run grants from plsql?

From: Patxi <patxi_at_writeme.NOSPAM.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:14:45 +0200

My answer is betwen this lines.

"Daniel A. Morgan" wrote:

> Having the DBA role does not give you permission to grant anything to
 anybody.

It's almost the answer. I had DBA role, but, that wasn´t enough to run pl/sql privileges. I had choosen the 'grant any role' privilege and it works fine.

> What you are trying to do can be done if you are given the correct
 privileges
> with the option to grant them. It appears that this is not the case.

Thank you for your help.

> But in any case you should never grant the CONNECT role to anyone. Instead
 grant
> CREATE SESSION and such other individual privileges such as CREATE TABLE
 as may
> be required. Granting CONNECT is just plain dangerous and I can not
 understand
> why Oracle insists on sending it out as a database default.

I have to use the grant connect because the user has to connect to a remote data server using oracle. I don't know how to make possible to conect to a remote server without using the grant connect. Could you tell me where could I find information about it?

Thank you for the time you have taken to write the previous answer.