Re: Using both MS SQL and Oracle

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:50:56 -0700

Lee Miller wrote:

> Huh? since when is Transact-SQL a flavor of VBA?
>
> And yes, Bryon as others have said it can be done. The SQL can be vastly
> different (at least in my Experience with Oracle 7.3 and SQL Server 6.5 it
> is). Particularly joins and other aggregate queries. Even the invocation
> of stored procedures is different 'exec' under SQL server and 'execute'
> under Oracle. So using stored procedures to hide the differences in code is
> not as simple as you may think.

I slight correct to what you wrote if I may be permitted.

It is not a case of the SQL "can" be vastly different but rather a case of the SQL "will" be vastly different and "should" be vastly different. About the only place the two products are close is in the way Microsoft hypes its product in its advertising to blur the distinction.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon May 14 2001 - 23:50:56 CDT