Re: Using both MS SQL and Oracle

From: Lee Miller <lpm_at_newsguy.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:19:16 -0400

Huh? since when is Transact-SQL a flavor of VBA?

And yes, Bryon as others have said it can be done. The SQL can be vastly different (at least in my Experience with Oracle 7.3 and SQL Server 6.5 it is). Particularly joins and other aggregate queries. Even the invocation of stored procedures is different 'exec' under SQL server and 'execute' under Oracle. So using stored procedures to hide the differences in code is not as simple as you may think.