Re: Mirror between MS SQL 7 and Oracle

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:56:47 -0700

Walter Dyck wrote:

> I need to exchange data between an MS SQL server and Oracle. Already tried
> it with linked servers ( Linked Oracle to the SQL server) but I think this
> is not the good way to go. It is to slow.
>
> Is there a way to sync data between Oracle and SQL (just like between two
> SQL servers...)
>
> walter Dyck
>
> walter.dyck_at_online.be

There is. Though why you would want to do this is beyond my wildest comprehension. And I can think some pretty wild thoughts. If you have the data in Oracle you hardly have any need for SQL Server.

Your options are to spend a lot of money and buy Oracle's Transparent Gateway product or to write some Pro*C or Java to automate the task.

I think it would be easier to just rethink the rationale for doing this and drop the idea and having no business justification.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon May 14 2001 - 23:56:47 CDT