Re: Database-Link

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:30:01 -0500

The server you are attempting to connect to, or your server, has a parameter in the init<sid>.ora files called GLOBAL_NAMES and it is set to TRUE... When this is set that way, the database link MUST be named the same as the remote database...so rename your link or set GLOBAL_NAMES=FALSE

The error you got should have told you the actual name of the database you wanted , so use that as the link name..

"Oliver Schubert" <OSchubert_at_timocom.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>> You say that you can log in from your client computer, so it sounds as if
>> you have a correct tnsnames.ora file there. Perhaps the tnsnames.ora on
 the
>> db server doesn't have an entry for the other db thus it can't connect.
 That