Re: Oracle for Linux

From: <cudworth_at_removed.to.avoid.spam.invalid>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 18:27:08 -0000

Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de> wrote:
> Does someone know, which Linux I can use with Oracle 8.1.7 (Release 7)?

I believe most people use a version of RedHat, but I have 8.1.7 running successfully on my Slackware system (I think it is 7.1). There were only a couple of minor problems to work through in the installation process. The requirements listed by Oracle (kernel version, glibc version, RAM, etc.) are more important than the distribution.

Mark Received on Mon May 14 2001 - 13:27:08 CDT