Re: Archive Log Warning..... How do I fix it? - Oracle archive error.jpg (0/1)

From: Alex Skolnick <ak_at_e-brag.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:58:16 GMT

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding.

The warning appears in a DOS box on the NT desktop when I issue the ALTER command. When the warning message appears, access to the table i'm trying to access can no longer be accessed (IE. if I issue an SQL command against the table SQL Plus locks up and doesn't return).

I can't find an ALERT.LOG, but ARC???????.LOG are being created just fine.

The table I am altering is in use, but since I am only adding a column I didn't think I needed to shut anything down. The table doesn't have Stored procs or packages.

If I do have to shutdown oracle to fix this problem, do I issue the following in SVRMGR30:
SHUTDOWN
<perform my TABLE Alterations with SQL Plus/Worksheet> STARTUP Will that be the easiest way to do it?