Create table with LOGGING option

From: Tom <cmc3232_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:34:10 GMT

Hi,

I have some confusion on the LOGGING option when CREATE TABLE (or index). The book said LOGGING will generate redo for the table creation and this will recover the newly created table in case of system recovery needed.

It seems to me that it is saying "a redo" will be created for the TABLE CREATE command.

My question: does this option also means any DML activity upon the table will generate redo entry, or can I say that NOLOGGING will cause no redo entry generation for any DML for the table.

Is this option just a DDL, or both DDL and DML issue?

Thanks
Tom Received on Sun May 13 2001 - 18:34:10 CDT