Re: Mac client

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 22:48:12 GMT

"Ricardo J. Rodriguez Fernandez" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> please, does anybody know if there is a Oracle Mac client? Thanks
> indeed,
>
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Seminario de Estudos Galegos

There exists a SQL*Net Client for Macs - v2.3.2.0.3 - that is currently supported by Oracle.
It is utter HELL to have to keep up with every freaking Mac OS version change that is introduced about every 4-6 months. Every version change in Mac OS breaks the Oracle Client - so I can certainly understand why Oracle tried to de-support the platform. As far as products that run on top of the SQL*Net Client - I don't know.

Mac OS is certified for some Oracle Products - I just saw an ad in Oracle's Magazine.
Check for Product LifeCycle section in Metalink for details.

Paul Received on Sat May 12 2001 - 17:48:12 CDT