Re: Database-Link

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 20:27:33 +0200

"Oliver Schubert" <OSchubert_at_timocom.de> wrote in message news:3afc2bc0$0$12254$45beb828_at_newscene.com...
> Hi,
>

> > Good question, as you don't seem to describe what problem you are
> > experiencing, or it is because English is not your mother tongue.
>
> your right in all things ;-)
>
> my problem is to get data from the database link (e.g. with select * from
> test_at_LINKNAME). Oracle prompt the error "ORA-12154: TNS:Der Servicename
> konnte nicht aufgelöst werden." ("Servicename can't resolve" imo).
>
> so what can i do?
>
> best regards
> os

Ahh, that's a much more clearer description.

As database links are used exclusively by the server, the server's tnsnames.ora must hold the servicename for the remote database. The fact it is correct on your client is insufficient. Could you please verify the correctness of the servers tnsnames.ora?

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri May 11 2001 - 13:27:33 CDT