SQL script without password

From: Robert Chung <robertch_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 04:40:57 GMT

Is there some way for SQL scripts to connect to database without password? We have many scripts that calls sqlplus and issue SQL commands, and we want to avoid hard-coded passwords in the scripts. We do not want to use OS authentication method, because the scripts need to be run from remote machines and using OS authentication from remote machine can open up security hole. Thank you in advance. Received on Fri May 11 2001 - 23:40:57 CDT