Re: Download and install 8i?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 20:38:19 +0200

"Steve Laba" <steve.laba_at_bms.com> wrote in message news:3AFAD466.4C5EF320_at_bms.com...
> All, I downloaded 8i for NT and attempted to install it. The
> problem
> is it will not let me point to the "d" drive. I get this
> Not enough space to write C:\Temp|OraInstall\Temp0.
>
> I want to install on the D drive since it has more space.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Clean the C-drive or change the NT TEMP environment variable. The installer is trying to write to it's temp directory which is determined by the TEMP env var.
You seem to have insufficient space to store the temporary files on your C drive.
Once that has been resolved you should be able to choose the D-drive in the installer without problem.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 13:38:19 CDT