"Like" problems ?

From: Andreas Koch <akoch_at_rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 19:07:03 +0200

Hi,

we have a bit of strange problem. When our (centura based) application uses LIKE statements, the LIKE statement returns no results:

SELECT * FROM Test WHERE Name='Andreas';

will return Andreas,

SELECT * FROM Test WHERE Name LIKE 'A%'

will return no rows. (same for 'A______')

SELECT * FROM Test WHERE Name LIKE 'A%' or Name='Egon'

will only return the Egon results.

When using ANY OTHER appliction, LIKE works perfectly. This problem seems to appear on everthing higher than (excluding) 8.i, but today a user with a 7.4 had the same problem. Other users with 7.3-8.i seem to have no troubles.

Could this somehow depend on the database configuration, some limit? The 7.4 problem appeared on a rather large table (6000 entries).

--
                                              Andreas
Seeing Dune worms, i don't want to see the Dune BIRDS...