Re: whos logged in when

From: Ian Ledzion <ian.ledzion_at_lgxbow.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:57:09 +0200

I tried your script, but dropping the IF THEN... structure - in any case there was a missing comma between 'DBSNP' and 'SYSTEM' so it wouldn't compile. When loggin on as any user I get the following:

ORA-00604: error occured at recursive SQL level %s

The manual says contact Support, which is nice...

"ok" <j_p_x_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tfil3l3s34de58_at_corp.supernews.com...
> I don't have 8.1.5 at hand to test your claim, but it works for 8.1.6 on
> our AIX, Solaris and NT. Make sure using attribute 'login_user'.
>
> ______________
> OK
>
> Ian Ledzion wrote:
> >

> > The problem with this is that the logon trigger is outside the session,
 so
> > does not recognise the user name. We tried this at an Oracle Trigger
 course
> > (8.1.5 on Sun) and it just inserts blank values.
> >
> > "ok" <j_p_x_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Another way for 8i (as you said), create a table and write a logon and
> > > logoff (database) trigger to insert a record into this table.
> > >
> > > Such as:
> > >
> > > create table logonf_log (username varchar2(10), log_date date, on_off
> > > varchar2(3)) tablespace users;
> > >
> > > create or replace trigger logon_aud
> > > after logon on database
> > > begin
> > > if login_user not in ('SYS','OEM', 'DBSNMP' 'SYSTEM')
> > > then
> > > insert into logonf_log values (login_user, sysdate, 'ON');
> > > else
> > > null;
> > > end if;
> > > end;
> > > /
> > >
> > > You can figure out the logoff trigger. Then you can show the records
 in
> > > logonf_log table to your boss. Good luck.
> > > OK

 but
 Im

 many