Re: What is wrong with my simple SQL syntax?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 22:27:59 -0700

Kenneth Jensen wrote:

> I try to make a simple SQL syntax the way I have always done on other
> databases, but Oracle says that it hasn't been properly terminated.
>
> SELECT tblHippie.*, tblTrip.strName FROM
> tblHippie INNER JOIN tblTrip ON tblHippie.lngHippieID = tblTrip.lngHippieID
>
> Can someone please tell me, what's wrong with it?
>
> Yours sincerely
> Kenneth Jensen

What is wrong is that you never opened a book on PL/SQL.

You can not work with Oracle using syntax that appears to be straight out of SQL Server.

The advise you have already received from TurkBear will get you through this one. But you will get no further if you don't buy a PL/SQL book, open it, and read it.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 00:27:59 CDT