Re: Which datafiles are table located?

From: ok <j_p_x_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 15:30:21 -0000

Daniel A. Morgan wrote:

> If you have a tablespace with 30 datafiles you are either working in
> terabytes or you have a bigger problem than the one you have asked.

????? 30 datafile of 2gig is far less than terabytes, 30 is far less than 1022 Oracle limit (Not to mention I said it's an assumption). This Q also apply to only 2 datafiles!!!

> To the best of my knowledge there is no way to know which datafiles have
been

Your knowledge probably is very limited (opposite to what you think youself, check all your posts in this board). If my post offended you, then I apologize.

> used in the scenario you describe or how Oracle will decide to allocate
> extents in the future.

We may don't know how Oracle allocate extents (I am not quite sure about this), but DBA can allocate an extent manually and assign it to a desired datafile.

Actually by joining dba_extents and dba_data_files, I can get the answer to my Q (thank Sybrand for hint). Such as

select a.file_name, b.segment_name from dba_data_files a, dba_extents b where a.file_id=b.file_id
and b.segment_name='EMP'
/