Re: Which datafiles are table located?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 22:31:10 -0700

ok wrote:

> Hi, assume I have a ts with 30 datafiles, a big table was created in this
> ts, after many week's growing, is there a way to find out which datafiles
> this table used? Also what's the criteria Oracle to take space from
> different datafile?
>
> Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

If you have a tablespace with 30 datafiles you are either working in terabytes or you have a bigger problem than the one you have asked.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to know which datafiles have been used in the scenario you describe or how Oracle will decide to allocate extents in the future.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 00:31:10 CDT