Re: whos logged in when

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:58:27 +0200

"Simon Cunningham" <cs40_at_gre.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3AF7C827.C36E0D3E_at_gre.ac.uk...
> Is there a way to find out how much the database is being accessed by
> its users??
> I can think of having a or a trigger quering the v$session view but Im
> not sure you can do that. Other than that could you have a script
> running on the server(NT 4 with a 8i db)???
>
> I have to show the bosses how busy our db's are accessed
>
> Thanks in advance

Fortunately you can't have triggers on any v$ object. Few ideas:
run utlbstat and utlestat, utlestat is providing a report on how many users are logged in.
Of course you can run a script on v$session select count(distinct schemaname)
from v$session
where type = 'USER'
you can also enable audit on your database (change audit_trail in init.ora to true and bounce the database, followed by audit connect whenever successful.
You now have audit records in dba_audit_session. You can also write an on schema trigger, which inserts a record in your own table when the user logs in.
Just a few ideas...

Regards,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue May 08 2001 - 05:58:27 CDT