Re: sequences

From: Tim <tim_at_nospam.aiinet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:58:50 -0400

Hehe, I actually solved this one before anyone replied. For those wanting to know the solution here it is. You just use a select statement like the following against the "dual" table, which is just a dummy table.

select tim_seq.nextval from dual;

That will give you the next value of the sequence as well as incrementing it.

Tim