Oracle OLEDB 8.1.7/iis/clobs/massive leaks

From: Mark W Modrall <modrall_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:27:11 GMT

Hi...

        We wrote an asp page for iis 5.0 to fetch text out of a clob and display it on a web page. We tried OO4O and Oracle OLEDB provider 8.1.7. OO4O is very slow and builds up memory (though if you let it sit for about an hour, it eventually gives it back).

        The OLEDB driver is much quicker, but it seems to leak every byte passed from the CLOB. When stress testing, the memory sky-rockets and when you then let the system sit quiet, it gives back about 10% of the memory before baselining at a huge amount of memory.

        Has anyone else seen these sorts of behavior? Any tips on getting OO4O to be faster or OLEDB not to leak memory all over the place?

thanks
-mark Received on Tue May 08 2001 - 12:27:11 CDT