Re: db manager server

From: Bill Koob <wkoob_at_minn.net>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 12:01:59 GMT

On Sun, 6 May 2001 22:06:09 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>> From within the service startup with the underlying window open
>> I get the following message:
>>
>> OEMCTRL for Windows N: version 2.1.0.1.0
>> Copyright (c) 1998, 1999 Orale Corporation. All rights reserve.
>> Starting the Oracle Management Server...Exception in thread "main"
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.ClassLoader: method
>> getSystemClassLoader()Ljava/lang/ClassLoader; not found
>> at java.lang.Thread.set Priority(Thread.java:701)
>> at org.ong.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:413)
>> at org.org.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:458)
>> at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.(init)(VxnNaming
>> Service. java:86)
>> at
>> oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getNamingService(VxnNamingService.
>> java:96)
>> at
>> oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaApp"Server.initServer(VxaAppServer.java:2333)
>> at
>> oracle.sysman.vxaVxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:2133)
>> etc etc.
>>
>> final error
>> couldnot start OracleOraHome81Manager Service on \\H4N00
>> B Error 2140 an internal Window NT error occurred.
>>

>> Another question:
>> I ran the sqlplus demo that sets up the emp table for scott/tiger:
>> I works well from within sqlplus - Why do I not see this table
>> when I use DBA to view the database?
>

>> couldnot start OracleOraHome81Manager Service on \\H4N00
>> B Error 2140 an internal Window NT error occurred.
>
>You didn't create an OEM repository with the OEM repository configuration
>assistant

Oh - but I did read the Getting Started and installed a Repository. that is why I asked if Net8 configuration had anything to do with this failure. It gave no error messages?

On another installation the DBA studio I did see the emp table signed on as system/manager.
.
Seems strange that signing on as dba administratory - super as sysman/oem_temp you cannot see all the tables! -