Re: OCP

From: <xmark.powell_at_eds.com.x>
Date: 7 May 2001 13:38:38 GMT

In article <k23J6.59$6N5.18506_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Sherman H. <shung_at_earthlink.net> writes:
>I am thinking about starting my OCP study and have a few questions for the
>certification exam:
>
>Is the exam difficulty?
>
>What would be the best study guides? The Exam Cram seems to much. Self
>Test?
>
>Any comments are appreciated.

How difficult the OCP examinations are depends on your Oracle knowledge level, and on your ability to understand the test questions (test taking ability).

For a lot of people, many of whom are decent DBA or developers, the tests are very difficult.

The very best study guides are the student notes from the Oracle classes for each topic area. If you cannot take these classes then you may want to read the actual manual for each area. It is a lot of reading, but you will be much more knowledable when you have read the full Concepts, DBA, sql, pl/sql, backup, performance tuning manual, and half the utility manual.

I did not have a very good opinion of the Exam Cram series based on the version 7.3 DBA book (which I tossed in favor of the manuals), but I recently purchased the 8i Upgrade book and it seems much better.

Just my opinion.