Re: db manager server

From: Bill Koob <wkoob_at_minn.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 20:01:17 GMT

On Sat, 5 May 2001 20:47:45 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>You are probably referring to DBA studio or Oracle Enterprise Manager as it
>used to be called.
>OEM needs a repository because OEM can be used to monitor multiple
>databases, the configuration of those databases must be stored somewhere.
>Recommended: In a separate small database, or you will get the chicken and
>egg problem : if you are running OEM in a production database, you won't be
>able to shutdown that database by means of OEM, as you will kill OEM.
>
>As to the JAVA class problem: the most likely source is an incorrect
>CLASSPATH, or you are using a lower version service pack than OEM can handle
>
>As to the import problem: of course there is always good old imp.exe which
>can be run from a command window.
>With DBA studio, you can't run Data Manager indepedently, in previous
>versions you could, but as said: good old imp will work.
>
>For DBA studio to run net8 should have been configured as DBA studio
>requires the Oracle Intelligent Agent to run.
>In future posts, could you please include *exact* error messages.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

From within the service startup with the underlying window open I get the following message:

OEMCTRL for Windows N: version 2.1.0.1.0 Copyright (c) 1998, 1999 Orale Corporation. All rights reserve. Starting the Oracle Management Server...Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.ClassLoader: method getSystemClassLoader()Ljava/lang/ClassLoader; not found

         at java.lang.Thread.set Priority(Thread.java:701)
         at org.ong.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:413)
         at org.org.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:458)
         at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.(init)(VxnNaming
Service. java:86)
          at
oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getNamingService(VxnNamingService.
          java:96)
           at
oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaApp"Server.initServer(VxaAppServer.java:2333)
            at

oracle.sysman.vxaVxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:2133) etc etc.

final error
couldnot start OracleOraHome81Manager Service on \\H4N00 B Error 2140 an internal Window NT error occurred.

Another question:
I ran the sqlplus demo that sets up the emp table for scott/tiger: I works well from within sqlplus - Why do I not see this table when I use DBA to view the database? Received on Sun May 06 2001 - 15:01:17 CDT