Re: Schemas and authorizations

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 01:10:46 GMT

On 5 May 2001 21:21:21 GMT, "Wolf 'n Pinguin" <duif.op.spijkers_at_wxs.nl> wrote:

>I wish to create a user, and allow it SELECT privileges on all tables/views
>in SCHEMA1 and SCHEMA2, but not on other schemas.

Grant the privileges to a role, then grant the role to the user. You realize of course that if the schemas are identical, the user will have to refer to objects in them by "schema_name.object_name", don't you?

You can use PL/SQL to create the grant statements, or just use SQL itself in SQL*PLus to generate them. If you don't know how to do this, then I'm sure a lot of others here will be able to help you with that.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sat May 05 2001 - 20:10:46 CDT