Re: ftp downloading on technet.racle.com

From: Andy Hardy <newsmar01_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 19:49:08 +0100

In article <%UzI6.782$9R6.1348709_at_nnrp4.proxad.net>, Jean-Marc PHILIP <jmphilip_at_mail.com> writes
>In fact Dowload Accelrator works for all the web sites but not for Oracle,
>perhaps because we need a password.
>It starts the session, the close it immediatly and say that dowload is
>completed.
>Do you know why ?

It may be because the ftp-oracle.oracle.com site has an amazingly long message when you connect to it - some firewalls and tools seem to have problems accessing it successfully e.g. I have to download patches to home because I can't access through the firewall at work.

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849