Re: Extracting data from old Oracle files

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 15:32:00 -0500

AFAIK, is impossible...The storage method used by Oracle is proprietary, so to get at it, you would need an 'Oracle Aware' set of tools..Even to generate a CSV file would require 'reading' the data and without Oracle's control files and stuff, it would be a real task, and possibly not 'doable' at all...

There may be some consultants out there that can do it, but ..$$$....

( Even if you reinstalled Oracle , you would need the control files and other parts of the original database...just the *.dbf files wouldn't be enough..)