Quick way to replace an entire database schema?

From: Gamma <gamma_at_clark.net>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 20:43:24 GMT

I am working on a large, complex schema, that is prone to error. One of my major problems is the length of time required to remove and reload the schema; deleting and re-creating the database using the Oracle Database Configuration Assistant takes about 15-30 minutes. There's no data in any of the tables, and in fact, nothing in the database at all, other than this schema.

I tried creating the schema inside a tablespace, and dropping the tablespace to remove the schema; this takes around 45 minutes.

Is there a faster way to do what I'm doing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--

Paul Brinkley
gamma_at_clark.net