Schema install freezes mysteriously.

From: Rob Hale <rhale_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 16:02:22 -0700

Hello,
  I'm trying to install an Oracle database on a Sun E250 using Oracle 8.1.6. The schema is already defined and all additional packages required
are added prior to schema definition. We've installed this schema successfully numerous times in the past. However, the last time I tried installing this schema on a development test bed, it got halfway through the installation and stopped. No explanation, no log that I can see, schema installation just stopped midway through the dbms_alrt.sql script

  I've contacted Oracle support and they've told me to use dbassist to install the database. Seeing as I don't have access to dbassist, this hint
was of little help. Has anyone else run into this problem where a schema
installation suddenly freezes? If so, can you provide any hints? Received on Fri May 04 2001 - 18:02:22 CDT