Re: Book recommendations please?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 09:19:17 GMT

On Fri, 4 May 2001 07:53:47 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>Let's shake hands! Except for the Alomari book,
>which I lost on a consultancy assignment, and didn't yet replace, and the
>Velpuri, which has so much overlap with others, and in that light is a bit
>expensive, I have them all!

Hehehe! Great minds think alike.

I like the Velpuri one for the good oil on RMAN as well as the extensive examples. And it's last chapters dealing with how to get into the nitty gritty of recovering from "impossible" situations. Never seen the subject so well treated. But I agree most of the book is a bit of an overlap. What the heck, it's tax deductible anyway! :-)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Fri May 04 2001 - 04:19:17 CDT