Re: Oracle call interface

From: Jacques Vidal <jvidal_at_mail.dotcom.fr>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 23:29:41 +0200

Raghuram Joshi <raghuramj_at_in.bosch.com> a écrit dans le message : 9cjkek$1f7$1_at_proxy.fe.internet.bosch.com...
> Hello,
> We r working on client -server arch with oracle at the backend and OCI is
> being used for interacting with the database.I wanted to know how to bind
> RAW data to make a call using OCI to fetch and put
> the data to the database.

If you use the correct external datatype in your bind call (IIRC it's 23 or 24 - should be int the OCI doc - or in the appropriate OCI header anyway, probably ocidfn.h) I think you shouldn't have any problem.

If you mean you want to insert raw data in a non-RAW Oracle table column, there may be an implicit conversion if your client's session NLS parameters don't match your NLS database parameters. Not absolutely sure though.

Jacques Vidal Received on Thu May 03 2001 - 16:29:41 CDT