JDBC/OCI bridge?

From: Jacques Vidal <jvidal_at_mail.dotcom.fr>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 21:16:28 +0200

Yep, that's OCI, _not_ ODBC...

My problem is I have a Java app that relies (thru JNI) on a lot of legacy C (not C++) code to access an Oracle database, and that's done using the Oracle Call Interface. But the Java objects needs access to the database too. For now I have 2 distinct connections, but soon I'll need to use only one shared connection for transaction consistency.

I can't realistically rewrite all the C library I use - besides it's still used by an awful lot of other C and COBOL apps. Is it possible to initialize the JDBC connection using sqllda() or the SQLGetEnv() and SQLSvcCtxGet() routines? Or any other mean?

TIA, Jacques Vidal Received on Thu May 03 2001 - 14:16:28 CDT