Re: Problems with MTS.

From: John Peterson <johnp_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 20:28:20 -0700

Hello, Sybrand!

Thank you so much for the insight! As it turns out...I had inadvertently represented our Oracle version and OS. We're running Oracle 8.1.5.0 on Sun Solaris 5.7 on that particular box that we were attempting to activate MTS.

I heard from a couple of folks (via email). One suggested that this symptom disappeared when the 8.1.6.3.x patch was applied. The other informed me that if we are running timed statistics with MTS in an 8.1.5 environment, there
is a known bug that causes the type of problem that we are experiencing and that we should not have any problems if we turn off timed statistics.

So...those are a couple of extra "data points". ;-)

Thanks again for your help, Sybrand! :-)

John Peterson