migrating data from SQL 7.0 to ORACLE

From: Dan Phillips <dphillips_at_instantforms.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:46:12 -0400

We are migrating our data tables from SQL 7.0 to Oracle and have run into a slight setback. The conversion process tells us that we are not allowed to have more than 1 column of type LONG in a table. Is ther a possible work around for this restriction.

Also we had one column in the SQL 7.0 tables that was an identity column(auto-incrementing numeric column). We noticed that on the conversion to ORALCE the field was converted to a column of type NUMBER . Is there a method of creating a column that is and auto-incrementing column aside from ROWID? Thank you for any help.

Regards,
Dan Received on Wed May 02 2001 - 10:46:12 CDT