Re: Sequence Question

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 May 2001 14:16:18 -0500

On Wed, 2 May 2001, strauss_at_wpb.nuwc.navy.mil wrote:

> The problem I see with this is that it's theoretically possible
> for the seqence value to be incremented (by someone else)
> between the time it is inserted into the table and then
> selected into the out parameter.

This won't happen. Try this. Open two sql windows and run

     select seq.nextval from dual;
in both and then run

     select seq.currval from dual;
in both.

What do you see?

Your worries are understandable but incorrect.

--
I don't want to be the rock.  Yeah, okay, what do you want to be?
I want to be the piece of glass.