Re: Oracle Management Server +

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 14:37:23 +0200

"Jack" <No_at_Mail.Please> wrote in message news:VIxH6.16966$662.59933_at_news1-hme0...
> Hi
> I've setup Oracle Management Server on my Win2000 (NT) to manage an Oracle
> server running on a Sun box
> The Oracle Management Server (OMS) is actually running on my NT box with
> the repository on the Oracle database on the Sun box. (the Oracle database
> Server is Not on the NT box only the OMS). Confusing isn't it.
>

> The Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) connects with the database and works
> fine, except for, Jobs.
> I can create new jobs from the OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) on my NT
> machine, but they don't run. No error messages nothing just dead.
>
> The Oracle Enterprise Manager is junk, it's caused me so much trouble it's
> just unbelievable. It doesn't come even close to the SQL7 Microsoft
> Enterprise Manager.

If you are not planning to look in the errors, which definitely are logged, and only want to vent sentiments against Oracle OEM, why don't you just stick to Sqlserver? One common denominator for sqlserver people converting to Oracle is they *never* read any manual, but immediately start asking RTFM questions and to rant in Oracle newsgroups.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 07:37:23 CDT