Problems with MTS.

From: John Peterson <johnp_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 13:02:10 -0700

Hello, all!

We are running Oracle 8.1.7 on RH Linux 6.2 (I think ;-). Recently, we tried activating the Multi-Threaded Server (MTS) capability of Oracle to see if we might get a better connection/process pooling capability.

In our sandbox, when trying to execute a regular query with SQL*Plus (from an 8.1.5 installation, though) it just seemed to "hang". We could seemingly connect just fine, but the query just never returned.

When we turn of the MTS feature, then SQL*Plus can run the query successfully.

I understand that this is a broad question, but does anyone know where we might concentrate our troubleshooting efforts with MTS?

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you! :-)

John Peterson Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 15:02:10 CDT