Need help on SQL

From: Eric Pearson <eric.pearson_at_ssss.gouv.qc.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 13:04:00 GMT

Hi, i have a field names nom_concat, in it I store the name of employes in this format: Pearson, Eric
it's varchar2(32)

I would like to easily separate the first and last name so I can put them in two different field named first_name and last_name (both are varchar2(15))

I tried with LTRIM and RTRIM but it doesn't work the way I would like it to. Is there an SQL function that takes all the characters in a string until it meets a character that I give it i.e. a comma

thanks

Eric Pearson
eric.pearson_at_ssss.gouv.qc.ca Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 08:04:00 CDT