Re: Access to Oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 04:06:07 GMT

Dave,

Some of the stuff (at the developer level) will be relatively familiar. Other stuff will throw you for major loops, especially at the administration level.

Not the least of which is, what Access people call 'databases', Oracle people commonly think of as 'Schemas' - and an Oracle 'database' can have many, many 'schemas'.

I suggest two sources of help:

  1. http://technet.oracle.com (software, docco and discussion groups)
  2. Oracle Essentials (O'Reilly) by Greenwald/Stackowiak/Stern ISBN 1-56592-708-7 for a good intro to internals

/Hans