Newbie...

From: Frank <ffaz_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:01:34 GMT

After years of using many other databases... I'm finally looking on getting into Oracle. The only question I have is what books to buy (or even better does oracle offer anything free ... books online). I plan to do all my programming in Java. What I need to do is set up tables, indexes, relationships... essentially I need to do everything to create a database that I can use with Java. If I'm correct I need to learn Pl/Sql to create stored procedures... Am I right? Should I go out and buy a book on Pl/Sql? What else should I buy? Don't forget I'm not looking to become a DBA... all I want to do is learn how to program against it... Creating my own databases and programming...

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Received on Fri Apr 27 2001 - 09:01:34 CDT