Re: Where to Start?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:09:10 GMT

Since you have nine months, in addition to the above I'd suggest buying Oracle for $50 on a trial license and installing it on a home or work computer. You'll learn a lot just trying to get it installed and running. Afterwards you'll have a database to try out some of the things you'll be reading about.

Van

 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0877090661/qid=988312364/sr=1-19/ref=
> > sc_b_20/104-1415612-7582313
> >
> > "The Martian" <dmcgrat1_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > There is a job opening up where I work in about 9 mos. working w/
 Oracle.
 No
> > > prior experience is necessary; they will train whomever they select.
 want
> > > to make myself as strong a candidate as I can, by starting to
 self-study.