Re: Entry-level Requirements(application developer)

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:56:29 -0700

Yes.

But if I were interviewing you here would be my criteria in order from most important to least.

  1. Can you solve a word problem using boolean logic?
  2. Do you understand relational databases and normalization?
  3. Have you invested time and effort into learning SQL and PL/SQL. And can you use it to solve a problem as opposed to remembering the syntax of the INSTRING function that anyone could look up in a book.

To me a computer science degree and the OCP say little if anything about these criteria.

Daniel A. Morgan