Re: ERwin 4.0 and Oracle.

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:05:52 GMT

This is a pretty vague answer cause it's been awhile since I used ERwin rather than Designer. It used to be that ERwin lagged Oracle in terms of supplying drivers. Do you have drivers to connect to databases as recent as whatever version of Oracle you're using? And it used to be that when ERwin was installed on the same machine as the database there was some odd connect string perhaps @2: or something similar. There's also a database design newsgroup where you might run into people using ERwin4.

Van

"John Peterson" <johnp_at_azstarnet.com> wrote in message news:tee1tmn0n1ep55_at_corp.supernews.com...
> (Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Win2K)
>
> Hello, all!
>
> I have a call in at Computer Associates to help me with this problem, but
 it
> might be a day or two before I hear back from them and I thought I'd
 solicit
> any opinions in this forum in the hopes that it'd be faster. ;-)
>
> I am trying to "Reverse Engineer" a schema from my Oracle database using
> ERwin 4.0. I'd like to be able to use the Oracle-specific features of
 ERwin