ERwin 4.0 and Oracle.

From: John Peterson <johnp_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:21:56 -0700

(Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Win2K)

Hello, all!

I have a call in at Computer Associates to help me with this problem, but it might be a day or two before I hear back from them and I thought I'd solicit any opinions in this forum in the hopes that it'd be faster. ;-)

I am trying to "Reverse Engineer" a schema from my Oracle database using ERwin 4.0. I'd like to be able to use the Oracle-specific features of ERwin as much as possible. I am trying to connect to the database and I am prompted for three fields: User, Password, and Connect String. I don't quite know what to put in for the Connect String. I have tried to put in the service name (<server>;1521;<SID>), the instance name
(orcl.mydomain.com), the server name; but so far, all my attempts have
failed. I'm able to connect to the Oracle database through a variety of other means (SQL*Plus, etc.), but not through ERwin.

Any suggestions and ideas would be *very* welcome and appreciated! :-)

John Peterson Received on Wed Apr 25 2001 - 12:21:56 CDT