Re: Oracle 8i for NT work with FAT ?

From: Andrey <aakit_at_softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:02:15 +0400

Faster.. for which implication? Do you want to mix file server and database server?

NTFS work (if it not defragmented) faster with huge directories, nothing else.

If you need file size 4Gb+ , create raw file. It's fast and reliable.

Tell also, why your db srv can not live without Unix-style mounts?

> How much faster is FAT? Especially given MS stance that NTFS5 is faster
 than
> FAT.
>
> Further more if I have > 8GB file size for my partitions, which seems a
> reasonable size for current apps / disk capacities etc and it resides on
 FAT