Re: DbaStudio Problem

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:02:54 +0100

I believe that there are a number of issues associated with running the OEM and related tools on windows.

First there is the screen resolution and colour requirements detailed below. Second there is a bug with the JRE supplied by Oracle and the pentium 4 processor. I believe that the fix is to upgrade the JRE to 1.1.8. IIRC There are others.

Finally I too have had this experience and found that uninstalling and reinstalling the Oracle software solved the problem.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> I've tried this, as well as exploring metalink without success. The new
DBA
> Studio begins to start and then hangs every time.
>
> Daniel A. Morgan
>

> Andrew Simkovsky wrote:
>
> > The java-type applications (DBA Studio, Net8 Assistant, etc) all use the
> > Java Runtime Environment supplied with Oracle. There is a bug on
Windows
> > that conflicts with the way the JRE renders graphics. If your monitor
is
> > set to True Color or 16 Million Colors, the JRE cannot render the
graphics,
> > and therefore cannot run. Reset your monitor down to 256 colors and try
> > again.
> >
> > Andrew Simkovsky
> > OCP DBA
> >
> > "Jon Borys" <borys_at_peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am having trouble running the database administration tools for
Oracle
> > > 8.1.6 on my Windows 95 computer. The installation goes fine but when
I try