Re: Dynamic SQL

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:19:41 +0200

"Bala S" <bsund_at_netzero.net> wrote in message news:7285B358FFE9D31199FB00104BD013240B3D322B_at_NEWSATL...
> Hello,
>
> How do I create a dynamic insert SQL statement within a dynamic SQL?
> Actually, I don't know how many rows it is going to return. The table I am
> using is user_tab_columns to insert from that into another schema using
> database link.
>
> I cannot use execute_immediate as I need this code to run against oracle
 7.x
> and 8.x.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

If you want to support desupported versions just study the documentation of the dbms_sql package.
Try using export of use the sqlplus COPY function; both are definitely going to be much more robust.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Hopefully you'r not planning to insert directly into a remote user_tab_columns datadictionary view? Received on Wed Apr 25 2001 - 13:19:41 CDT