Re: multiple tnsnames.ora files

From: Conny Dittmann <c.dittmann_at_magrathea.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:07:46 +0200

Hello Paul,

at first i wanna beg your pardon, cause my scrumbled english....

it seams that they dont get what you mean

> I have seen many articles on maintaining multiple tnsnames.ora files so that
> individual groups can use each file which only points to the databases they
> need to see. This seems like a great idea. Why give a global file

sounds very interesting to me....
if you got some solutions to this could you please forward it to me.

wo got the trouble that other companies do an client update of the tnsnames.ora and the overwrite my tnsnames.ora with there own one. i would like to handle my own tnsnames.ora in my own space where nooneelse can fiddel in.

> I wanted to see if others out there are doing this and does it work? Some
> say it is not easy to manage but I say "would you rather risk someone
> breaking into the database because you made a global file available that
> tells everyone how to find all of your databases?"

some how ...
i had to manage it in some way. if it is a hard or easy way.

> Does anyone NOT recommend this? Any ideas welcome!

please give you info to me if you got some.

cu Conny Received on Wed Apr 25 2001 - 10:07:46 CDT