Oracle 9ias hangs immediately after runInstaller

From: Nobody <Nunya_at_business.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:25:29 GMT

Here is my problem:
I am running Oracle forms server on a Redhat 7.1 linux box with no problems. I have been assigned to add all of the components of the enterprise version of Oracle 9ias. Which shouldnt' be much of a problem .... because I already have Forms server going fine. Wrong... I run ./runInstaller from the cdrom, and it hangs immediately with the following message: Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /tmp/OraInstall/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...

if I run a top on the machine jre is hitting the box for 90 to 99% of the processor, and a couple of megs of memory.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Received on Tue Apr 24 2001 - 08:25:29 CDT